Blog 6: Conspiracy Theories

Lately there have been a lot of theories as to why Hillary Clinton lost the election. Multiple reports have come out saying that the Russians put negative ads up making Hillary look bad on Facebook.

I'm not sure what substance their is behind these claims. Hillary seems to be fully behind them as does the investigation committee.

To me, it seems highly irrelevant whether or not the Russians were paying for negative ads about Hillary on Facebook.

It seems like 99 percent of political ads I see nowadays are negative. Everything on TV slams the other candidate. It's all pointing fingers at the other person and saying what they did wrong.

Don't get me wrong, it's a bit weird that the Russians were interfering in the election. They have no place to do so and the fact that Trump won when he was behind in all the polls leading up to the election was suspicious. He was projected to lose, and lose big, in several polls. But during the election he came back and won.

Are these negative ads to blame?

No. Trump had been airing negative ads about Hillary for months prior to the election. Every time I turned on the TV leading up to the election, I saw an ad bashing Hillary saying how much of a liar she was, how she deleted all her emails, how terrible she is, etc. Yet up until the day of the election, she was still projected to win, by a lot.

On top of that, I go on Facebook multiple times every day and I never saw a single negative Hillary ad. I'm not saying they weren't there, but if the reports were accurate, I should have seen dozens of them since Facebook targets your ads based off of what you look at.

It seems more to me like Hillary just wants someone to blame, than to admit that she lost the election by herself, that it was her own fault.

Yes, James Comey announced his investigation of her private server email just a week before the election. Yes, that was unfortunate and ironic timing. However, the investigation needed to be done whether or not it happened at that time. It should have been done earlier, but justice needed to be served, which it was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 7: #MeToo Movement Affects Politics

Blog 4: What Social Media Outlets are Used the Most for Political Opinion?

Blog 5: My Motivation for Voting